Fox News host Tucker Carlson is about to take a confrontational stance against his employer in an effort to get him out of his contract early.
Sources close to Carlson told Axios that he is “preparing for war” with Fox News and is ready to change tactics in his ongoing battle with the network.
Earlier, Carlson had sought a quiet exit from the network. However, he is now said to be ready to escalate the conflict. According to one source, Carlson “knows where a lot of bodies are buried” and is willing to share information if it helps him achieve his goal of leaving Fox News.
Carlson’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, said the idea of silencing Carlson is “beyond absurd.” In response, Fox News reiterated its earlier statement thanking Carlson for his service to the network. Carlson reportedly spoke with Tesla CEO Elon Musk about working together in some way, though no specifics were discussed.
According to former Fox News anchor and podcaster Megyn Kelly, the recent departure of Tucker Carlson, who was arguably Fox News’ most popular host, could put the network in serious trouble. On a recent episode of his podcast, Kelly declared that Carlson was the “one unique draw” that Fox News had before the network announced his departure.
During her radio show, Kelly alleged that Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott stated that Carlson would not be allowed to continue on her show and had been denied access to her email account company email. Kelly also claimed that Carlson had not actually been fired by the network, citing an anonymous source.
Former Top Fox News Anchor and Insider Megyn Kelly Reveals Tucker Hasn’t Quit Fox Yet: Here’s What’s Really Going On…
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) April 27, 2023
With the departure of Tucker Carlson, Fox News is “taking away the only, truly unique, draw that they had,” Kelly added. He also told Sky News that Tucker will likely “overtake” the Fox News audience, but that it will take “a while” to “get there”. He added: “It’s a much more authentic and real business model – I think Tucker will thrive.”
Carlson himself posted a video on April 26, in which he did not address the situation surrounding his departure, whether he was fired, or the reasons given. Instead, he criticized the state of American media in general, accusing news organizations of focusing on trivial issues that have little lasting impact.
Good afternoon pic.twitter.com/SPrsYKWKCE
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 27, 2023
“The other thing you notice when you take some time off is how incredibly stupid most of the debates you see on TV are,” he said. “They’re completely irrelevant. They don’t mean anything. Five years from now, we won’t even remember we heard them. Trust me, as someone who was involved.”
“Where can you still find Americans saying real things?” he asked. “There are few places left, but there are enough of them. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”
How soon America sees Tucker Carlson once again become a leading voice in the news could depend in part on his supposed “war on Fox News.”
“*” Indicates mandatory fields
OPINION: This article contains comments that reflect the opinion of the author.