Skip to content

“Shockingly Callous”: Fox News fires Tucker’s remaining employees in the show’s final blow

Fox News has laid off the rest of the staff on Tucker Carlson’s show as the network announces new prime-time programming, the Daily Caller confirmed Monday.

The network let go at least nine remaining employees, including longtime producers, in a move described as “shockingly insensitive” by a former Fox News producer who spoke to the Daily Caller.

“Some of the producers being fired have been at Fox for over a decade,” the producer told the Daily Caller.

Another former Fox producer told the Daily Caller that employees on Carlson’s team were repeatedly told after his departure that their jobs were safe, including last week when two of Carlson’s producers left the network.

The remaining employees were told they could apply for any job throughout the company, the former producer told the Daily Caller, noting that employees who were on Bill O’Reilly’s show and Dan Bongino were simply reassigned to other shows after both hosts left the network.

The staff told the former producer that the terminations were clearly an “anti-Tucker fad to purge any remaining stamp he had on the network as Fox begins this new lineup shift.”

The news comes after Fox News announced that Jesse Watters will replace Carlson in the 8 p.m. time slot. (RELATED: Fox Announces Big Career Change for Laura Ingraham)

Watters, who originally began his run in the 8 p.m. time slot hosting a Man on the Street segment during Bill O’Reilly’s show, is slated to fill the slot, Fox News said in a statement of press

Laura Ingraham will take over Watters’ time slot at 7:00 p.m., while Greg Gutfeld will move his show to the 10:00 p.m. time slot. Sean Hannity will remain in his 9 p.m. slot.

fox announced in late April she parted ways with Carlson just days after the network announced it was also parting ways with Dan Bongino. Carlson has begun hosting his own show on Twitter, sparking a public legal battle between Fox News and the Daily Caller co-founder.

Fox News issued a “cease and desist” to Carlson in mid-June thereafter accusing he of breach his contract by violating his non-compete clause when he posted the first episode of his show on Twitter.

The Daily Caller reached out to Fox News, but did not hear back by the time of publication.

SOURCE LINK HERE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

en_USEnglish