Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre has publicly declared his support for Tucker Carlson and called for a boycott of Fox News.
“I’m with Tucker. Time to boycott Fox until they come to their senses and let the man speak,” Favre tweeted Monday.
Two weeks ago, Fox News Media stated in a press release that the network and Carlson had “agreed to part ways.” But Carlson didn’t seem to anticipate the split because during what turned out to be her final episode, she had signed off saying, “We’ll be back Monday.”
Reports indicate that Carlson is still under contract with the company. Favre’s tweet contains a video showing Megyn Kelly suggesting that Fox and Carlson have not come to an agreement and that Fox is putting the muzzle on Carlson and hoping viewers will still tune in to the channel.
“They trust you to come back to them,” Kelly said on her show last week. “That’s what’s going on here. Keep him quiet on the sidelines as long as possible,” Kelly said.
The video Favre posted also includes clips of Carlson, and near the end of the video, text on the screen urges people to “BOYCOTT FOX NEWS!”
I’m with Tucker. Time to boycott Fox until they come to their senses and let the man speak.u201d
— Brett Favre (@Brett Favre) 1683554640
Shortly after his show was canceled, Carlson posted a short video on Twitter that has racked up more than 24 million views.
Fox’s ratings have taken a hit without Carlson leading the 8pm primetime slot, and some people have canceled their subscriptions to the Fox Nation streaming service.
“My family is boycotting FoxNews. We watched it daily. No more,” one person wrote in response to Favre’s tweet.
“I’m with Tucker! I’m done with FOX News!” someone else wrote.
Do you like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters and get stories like this straight to your inbox. Register here!